Please read the instructions below before applying for any roles you feel are suited to you. Also, all roles are based in our Liverpool, UK studio.
Jobs at spiral house
When applying for a job at Spiral House, please follow the instructions below.
NOTE: We do not accept unsolicited résumés from agencies sent via snail mail or email, unless previously agreed. They will be ignored and most probably tagged as spam and then deleted, so please do not send them.
We do not have any internship positions at the present time. If this should change, we will remove this notice.
However, we are always on the look out for talented, enthusiastic people to join our team, so if you believe you possess those special qualities that are required for making games, then we would like to hear from you. If you're a graduate wishing to get into the games industry, then we welcome you also.
First, please read the job description under 'current vacancies' below for more information on a particular role before applying and follow these instructions...
- Provide a cover letter (separate or email body) explaining why, if you're a graduate, you want to work in the games industry, and / or why you want to work at Spiral House.
- Include your CV / résumé in either MS word or PDF format, typed in a clear, standard font style.
- If you're a programmer, we want to see your programming ability and potential with a compiled demo, either sent to us on a disc or accessible online.
- If you're an artist, please provide examples of your artwork viewable online or sent in JPG format. If you wish to present animations as movies, please do not attach them to an email. Burn them to a disc and post it to us.
- If you're a composer, please do not send us your music (we receive so many). We already use composers that have been working with us for many years and if that should change, we will come and find you.
- We are a UK based company, therefore all non-EU applicants will require a work permit before applying. Information on work permits can be found on the home office web site here.
- Send your CV / résumé via email by clicking here.
We do receive a lot of applicants and we do not have the capacity to read and reply to all of them, especially if we're not in a recruitment window. Therefore, if you do not hear from us within two weeks, please assume you were unsuccessful and we're not looking for anybody with your skills at the current time. We will keep you on file and contact you in the future if that should change.
Thank you for visiting our web-site and for considering Spiral House.
Spiral House Ltd
Liverpool Innovation Park
1st Floor, Baird House
360 Edge Lane
Liverpool, L7 9NJ
+44 (0) 151 2541051
Requirements for the role:
- Experience with gameplay and mechanics programming on either iOS, Xbox 360/One, PS3/PS4 and/or PC platforms.
- Experience of creating clean configurable API's to be used by other programmers.
- Interest and demonstrable ability to implement a range of gameplay features i.e. not just audio, not just AI.
- Fluent in C and object-oriented C++; preferably experience in other programming languages.
- Strong 3D math and physics skills.
- Strong debugging skills.
- A 'self-starter' attitude with the ability to dive in, understand code, and learn quickly.
- An understanding of the nuances of what makes a game 'feel' good.
- Experience of shipping at least two games.
- Degree or post-graduate qualification in Computer Science or related subject (ideally 2.1 or above) is preferred but not essential.
Non Technical Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Excellent decision making capabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
Please see 'Submission Guidlines' for details on how to apply.